Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas and Prayer Buddy

I am loving that I can still say Merry Christmas to all you blogger ladies without anyone looking at me like I'm off my nut. :)

In so many years past, I have felt a let down the day after Christmas with all the anticipation being over. However, this year, I am really enjoying the Christmas season!! We are putting a star on our Jesse tree for each of the twelve days of Christmas, and I am still in the mood for Christmas movies, cookies, and music! We were disappointed yesterday that our local Christmas station was already back to playing soft rock. :(

Hooray for Pandora Christmas station!! :)

As for my prayer buddy, I had the privilege of praying for Rebecca aka The Mom from Shoved to Them. :) I have been a reader of her blog for quite a while so when I got my assignment, I was so excited! They have been preparing to put their house on the market and move far from family, and I prayed for peace in her heart and a spirit of abandonment to God's will, and I also prayed for some general intentions to make sure I covered all the bases, and I included some prayers for #3, her son. They have been working to get the best educational opportunities for his needs, and it has not been without great struggle.

I prayed the St. Andrew Christmas Novena for her intentions, and I offered up all of my discomforts and frustrations for her including our bout with the stomach flu the Wed. before Christmas!

Rebecca, I have a little gift for you, and I'm hoping to have it in the mail by the end of the week!

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE! :)

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Great idea putting a star on the Jesse tree, I hadn't even thought of that!! Ha, my girls will be glad the Jesse tree fun isn't over yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I'm so happy it was you. You have been an enormous help to me this advent. The other day I finally got an email from #3's teacher (it was awful) and instead of flipping out, this calm voice in me reminded me that I was called to be an instrument of peace. That was all you, girl, because I would've just ripped her head of on my own.

    God bless you and thank you for your prayers. I don't have words to express my gratitude.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts! I love comments. :)