HOW NOBLE....
So the couple has set up a website called www.birthornot.com where the public can vote whether or not they should give birth or abort...
As if this story couldn't get any sicker... at one point in time, the majority of votes said to abort..... YIKES.
December 9th is the last day that an abortion would be legal in their state, and they are closing the votes on December 7th. So please go vote... Thankfully, at this point, the story has circulated through some pro life circles, and thanks to this, the vote is now 62% in favor of them keeping the baby....
Every vote counts for this precious little life!
SICK!! Can you imagine that they will have to tell this baby what they did one day? Put his/her life up to a vote on the internet???
ReplyDeleteSICK!!
This makes me sick but glad that I can cast a vote. Reading through their blog it sounds as though they have had a previous m/c and that this pregnancy has not been easy. This poll-taking for something they clearly are trying to maintain through frequent doctor appointments is very hard to understand.
ReplyDeleteAs I laid on the floor in agony last night, I thought to myself, praise be to God that I do not believe in sterilization because it would be way to easy for me to choose that for us after the birth of this baby. But in the back of my mind in my deepest despair throughout this pregnancy, if it means this is what it is for me and pregnancy then that is the card I have been dealt and I would do it all over again. I don't know how but I will do it.
ReplyDeleteI just can't imagine anything worse then this at times and I know it's bold to say coming off of IF. But man, the physical suffering has been beyond what I have ever known. With that being said all I have to say is they are cowards. I'm not saying that I'm strong, I'm the biggest coward of them all...It still just leaves me saying WTF are they thinking? It's so sad...17 weeks......I can't even stomach it...I can't.
I hope you know what I mean by the first paragraph.... ;) I don't necessarily mean sterilization, but bcp, barrier methods etc... ;) I know it's such a flat surface to say something like that.... ;)
ReplyDeleteThat is so disturbing. Shame on them! I can't imagine how someone even developes that mindset.
ReplyDeleteThis makes me sick to my stomach and has brought tears to my eyes.
ReplyDeleteMy first thought was that if, God willing, they choose to keep this baby, that this poor child will grow up one day knowing that mom and dad had a poll about whether or not to kill them!
So sick! And this msy not be very Christian, but if they choose LIFE, they do not deserve to raise that miracle!
I makes me so sad and angry that life is thrown around like this...and for them to SEE the very miracle growing inside of her and still choose this...
The devil is working overtime.
So much for abortion being "safe, legal, and rare" -- or "between a woman and her doctor." What a load of BS.
ReplyDeleteThis makes me want to THROW UP! UGH! Disgusting!!! Poor, darling baby!
ReplyDeleteOh my, that is the sickest thing I have ever heard. That poor poor baby!
ReplyDeleteThis is so sad. It's heart-breaking. Thanks for the info.
ReplyDeleteI'm numb. I cannot even begin to understand this...
ReplyDeleteI was just on there blog. I voted and am praying for them!
ReplyDeleteI just saw this a few minutes ago on another blog...the flippant way in which they treat their baby's life is disgusting. I hope this is a stunt or something and not for real.
ReplyDeleteJesus, Mary, & Joseph, I love you very much. I beg you to spare the life of the unborn baby that i have spiritually adopted who is in danger of abortion. AMEN!
I can only hope and pray that they are doing this as a publicity stunt (as sick and twisted as that would be). I saw on their blog that the wife has PCOS and has had multiple miscarriages. And they posted about how excited they were when they first found out. The whole thing is just so bizarre. But even if they're lying about this (and thank God if they are), I still feel awful for that baby! This should be considered child abuse!
ReplyDeleteHi Megan, I just saw this on another pro-life blog and included the link below (I saw the headline on Sew's blog). The blogger per the link below seems to think it is a pro-life stunt and mentioned that some pro-abortion people are up in arms about it as well - because they think it is some sort of stunt. I don't know...either way it is sad to think that there is even a hint of truth to this.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.jillstanek.com/2010/11/about-that-couple-taking-votes-whether-to-abort/#more-14330
Sew, I totally understood what you meant.
ReplyDeleteJBTC, after I posted this, I did read some of the commentary about it potentially being a stunt. Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that one yet. Honestly, I hope it is all for publicity for the sake of that sweet baby! But even then, why oh why would anyone do that!