Tuesday, November 16, 2010

WOOHOO!! BIG NEWS!

In an amazing upset, the USCCB has elected Archbishop Timothy Dolan from New York as the new president of the USCCB!!!! The vote was 128-111!

This is a huge break with tradition because typically the sitting vice president succeeds the outgoing president!

I could cry I am so happy! PRAISE GOD!

Congratulations, Archbishop Dolan! You have the prayers and support of the Catholic faithful!

See my post below for the controversy that was swirling around this election!

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was worried!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!!! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!!!! :D :D I watched it live and was biting my nails and praying Hail Marys the whole time!! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Praise God! Archbishop Dolan is wonderful. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! Thank the Lord, this is truly wonderful news!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dolan is a great choice. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PRAISE GOD!!!! I was SO excited when I heard this news and just could not believe it! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, I had no idea this was going on. Thank God for His intervention here and for keeping us on the straight and narrow. Why are so many Bishops rebelling? Why doesn't our Holy Father give them the boot?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know this was happening but after reading your post earlier I offered a pray that good would triumph and....it did!!!! Praise the Lord!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME!! God heard the prayers of the faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praise God! Thanks for this info!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found your blog....this is great news. We must keep praying....By the way, my daughter is Monica after...guess who???
    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just found your blog as well! And being from Milwaukee, this makes me even more happy! He was amazing here in Milwaukee and I am so pleased to see this news!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praise God! He has been amazing!!! And he is very Creighton/NaPro friendly, too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts! I love comments. :)